If you’re ready to adopt a Miss Dixie’s kitten, here’s your chance to see if you could be their match.
Please thoroughly read the following information about adopting a Miss Dixie’s kitten before applying.
- Our adoption screening and processing can be broken down into three main steps: the application, the interview, and the meet & greet.
- The application portion is fairly straightforward. Please be as open, honest and thorough as possible. Our main objective for the application is to get a good general sense of your home, what your current resident animals are like, and additional pertinent information (like current veterinarian).
- After you have submitted an application, a member of our team should reach out within 24 hours regarding your application status.
- Next is the interview portion. If your home is deemed a potential match for our kitties, you will be sent a link to schedule your interview/virtual home check! All interviews are conducted with Zoom or FaceTime and are a required step to complete an adoption application.
- Finally, when your application is approved, we will reach out to schedule your meet & greet/adoption day!
- *Our adoption process is not a same-day ordeal. Most applications take a minimum of a week to move from application submission to finalizing adoption details. We take our time to ensure every kitty is placed in the home best suited for them.
- *Kitties are not placed in homes on a first-come-first-serve basis. Priority is given to earliest applications as long as the home is a good match for the kitten or cat. We choose the best home, not the first home!
- *We reserve the right to deny any applicant for any reason.
- *All applicants must live within an 8hr drive of Seneca, SC to be considered for adoption (except in regards to specific cases where drive radius has been extended).
All Miss Dixie’s kittens come with health records, are dewormed, vaccinated, spayed or neutered, and microchipped.
Please fill out the form below to express your interest in adopting from Miss Dixie’s Kitten Rescue.